Warcraft stats priority for a Shaman
This is a rough guide for those that are unsure which secondary/enhancement stats are best for your shaman, based on data from leading sites like Icy-Veins and WoWhead. (Currently updated to patch 6.2/6.22). It will also tell you what gems, enchants and food buff is probably best to be using. If you know of any other good web sites specifically aimed at this class please do let me know via comments.
- Stat priority for a Elemental Shaman: Multistrike (… of the Relentless / Deft)
- Multistrike > Haste = Critical Strike > Mastery > Versatility
(Icy veins: Elemental)
- Multistrike >= Haste > Critical Strike > Versatility > Mastery
- Multistrike > Haste > Critical Strike > Versatility > Mastery
- Multistrike > Haste >= Critical Striike >= Mastery > Versatility
- Stat priority for a Restoration Shaman: Mastery (… of the Savant / Diviner/ Feverflare)
- *Spirit > Mastery > Haste > Multistrike = Critical Strike > Versatility
(Icy veins: Restoration)
- Spirit > Mastery > Haste > Critical Strike > Multistrike
(Mr Robot: Resto)
- Spirit > Mastery > Haste > Multistrike >= Critical Strike > Versatility
- Critical Strike > Mastery > Multistrike > Versatility > Haste > Spirit
- Spirit > Critical Strike > Mastery > Multistrike = Versatility > Haste
As with most healer classes, the consensus is generally that you only need to stack spirit if you run out of mana much. I suspect it’s more obvious in long raid fights. *Indeed, Icy-Veins suggest: "Spirit (until you are comfortable with your Mana regeneration)".
HealingWow seems like a good all-round sites for healers and in this case, via comments, makes a distinction for the arguments for crit vs mastery, relating to efficiency and whether you are healing under or over 50%. Worth a read.
Mastery is certainly the main stat to look for, with the rest of the arguments being for crit or haste. All agree multi and vers are not a priority at all.
- Stat priority for a Enhancement Shaman: Haste (… of the Impatient / Feverflare)
- Haste > Mastery > Multistrike > Versatility > Critical Strike
- Haste > Mastery >= Multistrike > Critical Strike >= Versatility
- Haste (to 50%) > Mastery > Multistrike > Versatility > Critical Strike
- Haste > Multistrike Haste > Multistrike > Critical Strike = Mastery = Versatility